INFOSESSION #3 THE ART OF SUPERTITLES
Infosession on theater practices. Meet the experts from the US and Italy.
THE ART OF SUPERTITLES
Led by KIT Italia’s Donatella Codonesu and Giulia Casati, responsible for supervising supertitles for In Scena!
Supertitles are an art and not something to take for granted. In Scena! Donatella Codonesu, KIT Italia Artistic Director, and Giulia Casati, Assistant to the Supertitles, have devoted themselves to this art for years. The right supertitles will enhance the on stage and off stage performance, contributing to a foreign play’s success, almost as much as the actors on stage. Here’s why and how.
Overview – Led by Donatella Codonesu
- What is a supertitle for live performance
- What to consider first and where to start
- The fundamentals: rythm, synthesis and timing
- From translation to supertitles
Technical Aspects – Examples from the 2018 In Scena! Supertitles – Led by Giulia Casati
- What if the actor skips a page or just few lines? The importance of the blank slide.
- Coping with a very fast speech
- Supertitling songs: Is it necessary?
Running Time: One Hour.